"We can do no great things, only small things with great love." - Mother Teresa

Thursday, February 12, 2009

Sabatoge

I have decided that my children are plotting together to make sure I never get to sleep past 6am. Or, if I do, I realize what a treat it is. They never ALL seem to make it to 6am. There is always a designated wake-up-early-and-make-sure-Mom-is-up person. Usually, Brigham takes the task, but occasionally, he switches up with Joy or Hyrum. Hyrum, who usually sleeps until 7 was up at 5:45am this morning! I got him up and put him into bed with me, hoping he would go back to sleep, but he only howled more. Which of course woke Brigham up, who woke Joy up (they share a room) who screamed at Brigham to turn the light off. So, I put Hyrum back to bed (sometimes he will go back to sleep if he wakes up early enough) and got Brigham and brought him into my room to snuggle. After deciding that Hyrum wasn't sleeping and it would be negligent to leave him longer, Brigham and I got up and got him pottied and dressed, by which time Hyrum had gone back to sleep. Being only 6:17am by this point, I put Brigham back to bed, and we snuggled (ha ha, I tried to snuggle and he wiggled) until 6:30, when Hyrum woke back up. At that point, I decided it was a lost cause and got Brigham and Hyrum up and brought them down for an early morning snack. I now hear Joy and Paul, so it is probably time to get them too. Oh well, I am sure we will do it all again tomorrow!

No comments: