"We can do no great things, only small things with great love." - Mother Teresa

Friday, February 20, 2009

Quarantine

I am so tired of the flu and the cold! We were even vaccinated this year, for heaven's sake! Paul and I drove two hours to a speech evaluation today only to have him start throwing up 15 minutes into the session. Poor kid, he vomited 15 times in an hour. Fortunately, we were at a hospital, so they just admitted him to the ER and he got some very effective anti-nausea meds. But, he was throwing up so hard that there was blood in the vomit, so now he has to be on a prescription for that for up to a month. And, while I was gone and Mom was watching the kids, Hyrum started too. Fortunately, he only got sick four times. Brigham has been sick for 2.5 days now, predominately at night. And he is not a quiet sick. When he is done vomiting, he screams, "I scream! I yell!" And the poor little bugger is actually in pain, so you can't really justify screaming back. Joy was only sick the night of the 13th. Joy has also had massive coughing for 2 weeks, and now the boys are starting to cough. So, I have decided to put us on house arrest until EVERYONE is over the symptoms.

4 comments:

Stacie said...

I guess that means I can't cash in my coupon tomorrow!!!LOL

Becky Jensen said...

WOW,that sounds really awfull, i guess now i'm glad you didn't come to playgroup wednesday!

Celeste said...

That sounds absolutely horrible!

Linda said...

Tara I am so sorry. It sound miserable.