"We can do no great things, only small things with great love." - Mother Teresa

Thursday, July 10, 2008

Strawberries

It is berry season up here again. Can I just say that I LOVE berry picking? We went today for the first time this season, and it was a blast. A friend and I decided last night at YW to go this afternoon, and we mentioned at playgroup today that if anyone wanted to go, we would love to have them. We ended up with four moms and 17, yes SEVENTEEN, kids! I didn't stop to count them before, but now I know why the field seemed to be just crawling with kids. Granted, two of them were teenagers and my two youngest stayed in the car, but it was still a lot of kids. And, they all seemed to have a lot of fun. Who wouldn't have fun with big, fat, red berries all over the place. I was really impressed with how well the kids did with picking. Paul picked a couple of green ones, so I had him taste one. Then I had him taste a red one (so he would only pick the reds). Before the tasting he was just putting them in the basket. After the tasting, I don't think a single one made it in the basket. We bought 16 pounds, so I think we paid for the ones he ate. My only regret is that, in all the getting stuff together to leave, I left the camera at home.

Anyone who is local who wants to go some day next week, just leave a comment and we will all get together again. Bells said they would have berries for a couple more weeks, and it was a lot of fun for all!

3 comments:

KellyAnne said...

I KNEW you would beat me to blogging about this!! I was hoping to get a picture but I am too tired. It was very fun though, thanks so much for suggesting it.
You have been blogging a BUNCH lately and I have been totally missing it! It was fun to catch up tonight. You're blog always makes me laugh.

Celeste said...

I want to go next week! I really wanted to go today but since Trent's been gone, outing have been torture! I didn't want to put anyone through that.

Becky Jensen said...

It was so much fun! thanks for inviting me!!!