"We can do no great things, only small things with great love." - Mother Teresa

Thursday, July 17, 2008

Joy's schedule

I woke up Wednesday morning to Joy busily working on drawing/coloring in my room. She was being quiet and I was up late the night before, so I rolled over and went back to sleep. When I woke up 10 minutes later, Joy had a masterpiece to show me. "Mom, this is our schedule for the day." If you look close, you can see that we are having waffles for breakfast, getting dressed, playing outside, having snacks, watching a movie (instead of taking the normal naps or quiet time) and spending most of the day playing outside. There are a lot of arrows, because, like her mother, she didn't want to waste time making more pieces when she could just do an arrow. She even put the times next to activities. I must say that I was quite impressed. I think the schedule board is working. Maybe I need to schedule at least one day this week! :)

1 comment:

Celeste said...

After being at your house and seeing your schedule, I was inspired. I finally pulled ours out and started using it again. It's only been two days, but Frances and I are both loving it!