"We can do no great things, only small things with great love." - Mother Teresa

Thursday, July 17, 2008

Mr. Fix-It

I have been saving a bunch of little things around my house that need a real fix-it man. So, I called Dad over tonight and asked if he would take a look at my vacuum cleaner that won't turn on and my dryer that has suddenly started taking longer to dry stuff. I explain the problem with the vacuum, push the on button, and it does just what I describe. Dad takes it, pushes the on button, and it starts right up. Just to be cute, he does it FIVE more times in a row. Vacuum taken care of. I explain the problem with the dryer and he asks where the outside vent is. We go outside and he asks if I have the slats that cover the hole. Yes, I have the slats. The kids love to take them off, so I just keep a hold of them so that someday I can put them back on. "Well, you may have a build up of lint in there." So he sticks his arm in the vent. No lint, but about FIVE semi-largish rocks, as well as an assortment of smaller rocks! I don't need three guesses to figure out who put those there. We call Paul Paulie-Pocket because he likes to hide pockets of stuff in odd places for future use. Tomorrow I go to Home Depot to find a different cover to put over the vent!

No comments: