I was cleaning the car out today, and decided it was time to replenish my car kit. I am quite fortunate to own a van with space under the seats. Just pop up the floorboard, and there is all this nice extra storage space. So, a couple of months ago I decided to start utilizing the space. Under one seat I have:
- A sweatshirt for each member of the family (yes, we live in the Pacific Northwest, they are essential even in JULY!)
- A Moby wrap
- A change of pants and underwear for the three boys
- Juice boxes
- Snack bag - nuts, granola bars, fiber bars and fruit snacks
- Quaker Oat chips
- Monkey backpacks (leashes) for Paul and Brigham
- Antibacterial wipes
- Changing pad and
- Bags for dirty diapers, wet clothes, etc.
When I am really on top of things, I replenish the kit every week or so. I find that having all of this stuff in the car saves me a lot of hassle. When it is time to go, I can usually pick up and go without having to take an extra 15 minutes to get stuff together. And, having the stuff I need keeps whining to a more manageable level. I wish I would have thought of this years ago!