"We can do no great things, only small things with great love." - Mother Teresa

Sunday, June 22, 2008

Beyond Gross!

So, let me just preface this with a caution. DO NOT READ THIS IF YOU HAVE A WEAK STOMACH! Nothing vulgar, but life with kids can be a little disgusting at times.

We were over at my parents house today for Sunday dinner. The food had been eaten and the grown ups were sitting around eating Dad's famous caramel popcorn in the living room. I heard Paul and Brigham laughing in the hallway and didn't think much of it until I heard them spitting. Obviously, spitting isn't a behavior that I encourage in the kids, but if that would have been all, I would have been glowing with pride. Oh, on a side note, the boys like to drink out of puddles. It doesn't really matter that puddles are on the ground, in fact, I think that is why they like it so much. The lay on their stomachs, stick out their lips, and suck up the puddle. Back to the story. I went to investigate the boys and found them laying on their stomachs spitting on the ground. Then, I noticed that Brigham had wet his pants. He can be fully potty trained if he wants, but frequently decides it is not worth the effort to take off his pants and go the bathroom. So, there they are, laying on the floor, with Brigham soaked when I start to look closer. Are they spitting? No, they appear to be sucking up a puddle. A puddle? My slow-moving brain starts to work very quickly. There are no faucets in the hallway by the front door, there are no empty glasses laying around, Brigham is very wet...

Yes, my boys are truly revolting. What else can I say? You were warned.

4 comments:

Chivaun-o-rama said...

I vomited in my mouth..

I have had pee in my mouth, but it was NOT by choice...the stupid dog got excited while I was on the ground playing with him. It still makes me shutter...

Becky Jensen said...

boys are fun

erin said...

Oh, my gosh, Tara that is so not even close to what I was thinking happened when you started with the warning. That is so gross....well they wouldn't have Schmidtlein boy blood in them if they didn't do something gross with eurine!!!

Unknown said...

What are you talking about Erin that is Duggar blood!!!!!!!!!!!