"We can do no great things, only small things with great love." - Mother Teresa

Thursday, June 5, 2008

BEST Friend

I have had to reflect on what a wonderful gift friends are. On Tuesday afternoon, one of my very best (and definitely oldest) friends in the whole world came up to see me. Angela was up for her cousin's wedding about three hours south of here, and planned an extra day into her trip so she could see me. Can I just tell you how blessed I feel? Our husbands served on the same base in the Marine Corps when we were both newly married, and we haven't gotten to see each other for YEARS. Some people just click again easily, and I know Angela will be a friend forever. What a gift. We got to spend Tuesday afternoon/and evening and then back to the airport Wednesday noon. But, what a wonderful 20 hours. I feel truly blessed. And, since my camera is out, I will have to wait until Angela emails me some pictures before I can show you my beautiful friend.

No comments: