"We can do no great things, only small things with great love." - Mother Teresa

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Recipe Holder

I don't know about you, but I have a hard time finding a good spot to put recipes when I am cooking. Some place that doesn't get in the way, but that I can still see the darn thing. A while ago, I came up with a great idea. Today, I improved it. My microwave is just over my stove top, so in the upper left corner of the microwave, I stuck a 3M strip. On top of that, I stuck a plain old clothes pin. So, recipes just get clamped in there, and I can see them without getting them covered in flour/sauce/etc. Today, I painted the clothes pin black and glued on a magnet. Now, it looks a little more sleek and can hold these adorable magnets I have been making lately. When there is no holiday in season, I can use the generic "D", and when in season, a magnet to match.
Quick note. If you try this, make sure that you leave a bit of the clothes pin sticking up above the level of the magnet. You need that room to be able to push the clothes pin open!

No comments: