"We can do no great things, only small things with great love." - Mother Teresa

Sunday, March 2, 2008

Cutting board birthday






















One of the advantages of living near my parents is that I get cool, customized gifts. For my birthday, Dad made me a cutting board fitted to my kitchen sink. It fits in the rim around the sink so that it is steady. I can cut on the wood side, or the other Formica side. And, on the wood side, there are circles bowled out so that round things can set there without rolling away. In the right bowl is the kanji wood-burn of Dad's kanji - blacksmith. It is the closest thing to our last name Dad could find. When I told Dad I was blogging the cutting board, he said he would take orders!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow - that's really cool, your Dad is so talented. Happy Birthday

Crystal said...

Your dad is a hoot and very talented. What a great birthday gift!

P.S. Stamp camp next Saturday, the 15th at 9:30 if you are interested. If you send me your email I'll forward an evite. Our email is lemmefam@gmail.com.