"We can do no great things, only small things with great love." - Mother Teresa

Sunday, March 2, 2008

Crazy lady with a saw!


We have this table set that we purchased at a garage sale for $75 shortly after moving to the area. When we left Minnesota, we got a truck that was too small and we moved in a ridiculously short amount of time and I was on light duty with the pregnancy - so we left a lot of stuff there that we would have liked to take, including my kitchen table and chairs. Anyway, the set we got isn't the world's highest quality set. After repeatedly being knocked over and stomped on by various children, the back of one became so loose that it broke off. Well, that seat became the most coveted seat in the house, and I was constantly breaking up arguments on who got to sit on the stool. So, I borrowed a hand-saw from Dad and cut the backs off three others. They now look like this:


Lest you think I am completely insane (I am only PARTIALLY insane) I did think it out quite thoroughly. Now, we don't spend forever sitting at the table and munching on what is still sitting there, so we eat better. And, it is great for the posture. With no back to lean on, you have to sit up yourself. Anyway, that is my crazy for February. I am planning on buying some black paint and painting the whole set. It should help.

No comments: