"We can do no great things, only small things with great love." - Mother Teresa

Monday, November 1, 2010

Giving Thanks Tree

I am so impressed with myself - I actually had all the parts in place in time to implement an idea. This is our giving thanks tree. Yes, it looks bare, that is the point! After dinner each night leading up to Thanksgiving, we are going to write one thing we are grateful for on the back of a leaf and then hang in from our tree. Each leaf has to be a new gratitude, no repeats! By the end, we should have 125 leaves on the tree.

These are the first five. It was a great FHE, and I think the tree has some real potential.
Now, if I can just find a way to decorate the rest of the mantle, all will be right again in the world.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Linda said...

WOW I love it. And here i was so excited about the Thanksgiving chain we started at FHE tonight. I might have to steal your idea next year.