"We can do no great things, only small things with great love." - Mother Teresa

Friday, January 30, 2009

Great friends

I always say that when we are rich and famous, we are going to get a couch you don't have to put a slipcover on. Thus far in my married life, nice furniture just hasn't been a priority, so we have had a lot of functional, hand-me-down couches. In fact, I was at a friend's house the other day admiring her beautiful brown, microfiber couch, when I told her my "when we are rich and famous" ambition. Imagine my surprise when she came over a few weeks later and asks if they we would like, not only the couch, but the love seat and ottoman to go with it! She and her husband bought a model home and got the furniture to go with it, so they wondered if we could use theirs! I know she technically didn't know us when she bought them several years ago, but I think she must have been thinking of us anyway. They look like they were purchased for my home! Thanks Stacie and Dave for being SO thoughtful and generous!

4 comments:

Lyndee said...

that is awesome! you gotta love friends like those! :)

erin said...

I seriously need friends like that!! Yeah for you!!

Chivaun-o-rama said...

They are quite perfect for your Family Room. :)

Crystal said...

We watched the Mahna Mahna video today and we all have been singing it ever since. Thanks for sharing!