"We can do no great things, only small things with great love." - Mother Teresa

Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Things we have been doing in our spare time

Um, do we really have spare time? Not really. Actually, I had a revelation the other day. I was trying to figure out why I only seemed to have a fraction of the time I used to, and I realized that John is now home (which takes a lot of my free time) and Joy and Paul are not in school. And, Hyrum is now getting big enough that he requires more attention. So, we haven't been doing a whole lot.

However, we did end up going on the Elder's Quorum camp out, and that was fun. Paul ended up going home with me and Hyrum (he had bad bowel trouble), and then I woke up in the night to the sound of pouring rain. I had gotten to sleep late because, with my few minutes of spare time, I made a skirt for Joy. (See A Place For Crafts for more details.) After I heard the rain, the rest of the little sleep I got was very disturbed by stress-dreams of family wet in a tent and not getting the pound of bacon I brought home back in time to be cooked in the morning. Then, at 6:35am, John called and said, "Come get us, we are wet." I got the boys up and we were at the campsite by 7am. John went back later to get the gear, it was still raining at that point.

Later that afternoon, we went to the Highland Games south of us. It was a lot of fun. At the beginning, Joy was really scared by all the men with long hair and beards running around in skirts (kilts), but we explained things to her, and she got used to it. And, she loved the participatory dancing (I know, big surprise). Unfortunately, I can't find the pictures we took. We all had fun, though.

And, we did have a break and got a few nice days of weather. The kids and I went out and played in the sprinkler and I got a few cute pictures of Hyrum. He is standing on his own now, but I couldn't quite get far enough away so you could tell.
This? Hyrum with his mouth over the lens before I could snap a picture. If you look at the far outside left edge, you can see a little light - the edges of his mouth!

1 comment:

Chivaun-o-rama said...

Don't you love it how they immediately go for the lens...torri used to do that all the time...now she just wants the "cramra"...and you have to let her take a few before she'll smile... hehe

I love your family... :)