"We can do no great things, only small things with great love." - Mother Teresa

Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Kettlebell Goddess


As you know, I have been working on getting in better shape. I have to be careful about how I phrase it, because it isn't really just about losing weight. Anyway, for my birthday, I asked John to get me some kettlebells. What are kettlebells you say? Well, these are kettlebells. I have a 9 pounder and an 18 pounder. They originate in Russia and are really starting to pick up momentum here in the US. John is a big proponent, and since I really needed to start doing some weight-bearing exercise (being a woman and all), I decided these would be the best option. They are very versatile and don't require a lot of equipment. So, I started a couple of days ago, and they are very doable. I am not a weight person, but I am actually kind of enjoying them. Best of all, I only have to work out 20 minutes a day! Whoo Hoo! It ends up being a little longer because I do some joint and mobility exercises as well as cool down stretches, but it really isn't too bad. And, I have been promised by a competent trainer (John) that my 20 minutes a day is all I need to look like a model. I am hoping that he didn't forget to mention that it will take a couple of years, or some other such nonsense!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Haha...I'm glad you found something that works for you! ;)