"We can do no great things, only small things with great love." - Mother Teresa

Friday, February 8, 2008

Paint continued...



The canvases I painted a couple of weeks ago finally dried, so I tried to take pictures. As expected, they just mostly look blue. Use your imagination and you can see all sorts of cool stuff. They are just abstracts in blue, but I really enjoy them. There is a lot of texture that you can't see, but it adds a lot. This one is a 10"x8" canvas. One day I am going to take a digital photography course so that when I take pictures they will actually look like the thing I am taking a piture of. I know that lighting has a lot to do with it. For those who don't know, we are living on an island in northern Washington, and during the winter, the sun doesn't show much. And, of course, these look best in natural light, so you don't really get the best result with cloudy skies. Enough of my discussion. Here are the rest:



16"x12"



36"x24"



These are also 10"x8"s I did back in Minnesota. My cousin Emmie came over and showed me how to do the line ones after I ohhed and ahhed at some she had did in greens at her house. After the first two, I branched out and did the spirals. These really look much nicer in person.

2 comments:

erin said...

Those are so pretty, I love them!!

Nate and Amy said...

I love the rich color. You never cease to amaze me.