"We can do no great things, only small things with great love." - Mother Teresa

Sunday, October 28, 2012

Jack o Lanterns - Oh My!

The kids finally convinced John and I to carve pumpkins tonight.  This is the first year that the kids have gone for scary pumpkins, and I blame it completely on Brigham.  He started, and it just spread.  The only one who didn't sucker into was Paul.  Paul knew he wanted bats from the get-go and never changed his mind.  So, here they are, on our front porch.

Joy

Paul

Brigham

Hyrum

After having carved most of these pumpkins on my own (poor John was wiped out after having taken care of the kids all day so I could rest up from my cold), I look forward to the time when the kids are big enough to wield knives on their own.

2 comments:

Amy said...

I love your fun jack-o-lanterns. My poor kids miss out on that tradition. It's just too hot here and they get moldy within a couple days of being cut open. I'm impressed with your carving skills! Way to go, Tara!
Amy

Anonymous said...

. . . . . . . . . .