"We can do no great things, only small things with great love." - Mother Teresa

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Funny!

I have been working on crafting a huge spiderweb on the front of our house. It is literally at least 10ft from one end to the other. And, it looks like a huge spider built it, not just a bunch of filmy stuff spread out. In the middle, is a big spider. Well, today was a perfect opportunity to use it. Joy was in the front lawn trying to adjust one of the strings (one of her favorite pastimes) and there was some teenage boy coming up the sidewalk just down from our house on his bike. So, I opened the front door (I had been observing from inside) and said, "Little girl, please be careful around the web, the spider might get you" just as the kid was riding past Joy on his bike. A moment later there was a SMASH! The kid, who was sucked in by my joke and was watching Joy and the spider instead of where he was going, ran into the trashcans on the sidewalk! It was stinking hilarious! Let me tell you, it made my day.

6 comments:

Stacie said...

I love it!!!

Becky Jensen said...

i love moments like that!

Lyndee said...

That is awesome!! do you have a picture of the work of art? :)

Jenna Marin said...

Holy cow. You are too funny. Sounds like his halloween adventures are off to a good start...

KellyAnne said...

Hee hee, you're a nerd. :)
I did see the web the other day, VERY cool!

erin said...

YOu are evil....I LOVE it!!!