"We can do no great things, only small things with great love." - Mother Teresa

Thursday, December 1, 2011

Christmas advent

I have held off posting for months now because I felt like I needed to catch up on everything that has happened since I posted last.  I keep getting further behind, so I am just going to jump in mid-stream and not look back.

We love Christmas, and anticipating Christmas is almost as fun as the actual day.  I love advents, and we always have one or two hanging around.  Well, this year, I decided I wanted one for each child.  Here is what I came up with:

This one is paper cylinders sewed in opposite directions at each edge.

 I made this one last year.  It is muslin bags with iron-on vinyl numbers.

This is the paper cylinders again, just different colors.

Last is this cool one I did with my Silhouette this year.  You have the option of boxes or drawers for each space, and maybe next year when I have  more time I will do the boxes.  As it is, I think it turned out pretty well.

In each of the containers is a small piece of candy, and in one of the four each day is a scripture relating to Christmas.  I told the kids they had to get their morning work done before they get to open the box for the day, and at 7:30 this morning every one was done, with no prompting on my part!  Yeah!  I love Christmas!

2 comments:

Linda said...

Love all your advent calendars!!!!

Nate and Amy said...

You are, as always, truly amazing. I love your calendars! Christmas is the best time of the year. It is so fun to see your creativity. Also, perfect motivation for your kids. I need to try something like that myself ;)
Love ya,
Amy