"We can do no great things, only small things with great love." - Mother Teresa

Monday, May 4, 2009

The power of a kind word

I have been feeling the need to do more lately. I mean, more for other people and the world around me. There is so much need for people to help, and I feel too busy with trying to survive to give anything more. I realized today that there is something I can do that takes no extra time or money, and only costs me a little discomfort. What is this thing? A compliment. Everywhere you go there is someone who does or is something worth complimenting. All it takes from me is to get out of my self-absorbed bubble, and pass the praise along. I did it twice while I was out this morning. I complimented two complete strangers. And, it felt great. I hope they felt great too.

Since you listened to my soapbox, I have a small reward for you. One of the great ladies in our ward took pictures of the kids the other day, and I wanted to share with you. Here they are. Thanks, Sarah.

4 comments:

erin said...

LOVE the pictures, and totally agree with the compliments!! I am now going to make the same effort!!!

Anita said...

I love the picture of you with Hyrum. That is absolutely darling! How sweet. Were the pictures taken before Paul's clash with the chair? You can't see a scar at all in the pictures. They turned out great!

Kathy said...

Tara, the pictures of your kids are adorable!

Angela said...

What great photos. YOur kids are so much bigger. WOW. So adorable!
Happy Mothers day to one of my favorite moms.